The quilt I'm entering in the throw category was finished only a week ago, just in time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I call it the new vintage quilt.
I have previously written about this quilt here.
I loved making the top because I had to make my own template, based on the picture of the original vintage quilt. Working out the pattern took my mathematically challenged brain some time, but it was very rewarding to finally figure it out.
The pattern is not simple or straightforward, as it involves not only many curves but also many Y-seams. Every block was machine-pieced. If I remember correctly (it has been almost 2 years since I made the top), making the blocks and piecing the top took me a whole week.
When piecing the top together, it turned out to be nearly impossible to make all the seams match. I simply gave up after a while and concentrated on making only the white strips match, thinking these were the most important ones.
The top was handquilted with perle cotton. I love doing that because it adds a wonderful softness to a quilt. It finished at about 150 cm x 180 cm (59" x 71").