woensdag 25 september 2013

Red and White (part III) - Rood en Wit (deel III)

It took longer than I thought but the red and white quilttop is almost finished.

Het heeft langer geduurd dan gedacht, maar vandaag was het dan zover: de rood en witte quilttop nadert zijn voltooiing.
Red and white quilt
Almost, because originally I wanted to add an extra border, as you can see on my pattern. I tried on one side, using the flower fabrics, but wasn't crazy about it. I'll give it another try with the other red fabric, but I only have a couple of inches left of that, so I'll have to go to the shop first. And I don't know when I'll be able to do that.

Nadert, want eigenlijk was ik van plan om er nog een boord aan toe te voegen, zoals hier op de tekening. Ik heb het aan één kant geprobeerd met de rode bloemenstof, en dat viel wat tegen. Ik ga het nog eens proberen met de andere rode stof, maar daarvoor moet ik eerst in de winkel geraken. En wanneer dat zal lukken, dat weet ik niet.
Pattern for red and white quilt
And besides, is a second border really necessary?  As you can see, I already added a first "border", continuing the block pattern. And the quilttop is already quite large (66" x 66") and the extra border would mean an extra 12".

En is het wel nodig, die tweede boord? Zoals je kan zien heb ik de tekening van de blokken al verlengd in een eerste "boord", waarbij het blokpatroon verlengd werd. En de quilttop is ook nu in elk geval al behoorlijk groot (175 cm x 175 cm) en die extra boord zou nog eens 30 cm erbij betekenen.

This is a picture of the cover of the book where I found the Japanese blocks. Idon't know if it's still for sale in shops, but I'm pretty sure you can find used copies on the internet.

Ter info nog even een foto van het boek waar ik de Japanse blokken uit haalde. Ik weet niet of het nog in de winkel verkrijgbaar is, maar tweedehands op het internet zeker wel.
Japanes quilt blocks book
It's my intention to quilt this top extensively and I even bought a book with that in mind: Infinite Feathers by Anita Shackelford. I also bought her quilting template. A bunch of over the top feathers, I think it'll look great on this quilt.

Het is de bedoeling de rood en witte quilt uitgebreid te quilten, en daarvoor heb ik zelfs speciaal een boek gekocht: Infinite Feathers van Anita Shackelford. Ik kocht ook de bijhorende quilting template. Allemaal uitbundige veren op deze quilt, ik zie het al helemaal voor me.
I want to quilt feathers
But all that is not for the immediate future. The next couple of weeks will be spent finishing the new vintage quilt, so that means no sewing and lots of quilting. 

Maar dat is allemaal toekomstmuziek. De volgende weken ben ik van plan de nieuwe vintage quilt af te werken, dat wordt dus weinig stikken en veel quilten.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for the book cover. My bookstore does have it and I'm hoping I will have it in just three short months. Nice quilt too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is looking fantastic! Personally, I really like the look of the final border, but of course it's up to you. I think feather quilting will be amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...