zondag 24 maart 2013

Quilt bee and Green Tea

As this is the last weekend in March, it was absolutely necessary to make the March quiltblock for Mary. She sent us beauttiful fabric and the block turned out to be easy-peasy, the easiest block we had to make uptil now. I think it only took me one hour to stitch everything together.

Dit is het laatste weekend van maart, dus was het echt wel noodzakelijk om het quiltblock voor Mary te maken, van onze quilt bee. Ze stuurde ons hele mooie stoffen en het blok bleek heel makkelijk te maken, ongetwijfeld het makkelijkste blok tot nu toe. Na een uurtje was de klus al geklaard.
FQR Kinky Bee March (Mary)

I wanted to take a nice outdoor shot of these blocks, since these are the first spring days of the year. But this is how my garden table looked this morning. Can you believe this? March 24th and there's 5 cm of snow!

Op deze eerste lentedagen wou ik een foto buiten maken, maar zo zag mijn tuintafel eruit vanmorgen. Kan je dat nu geloven? 24 maart en er ligt 5 cm sneeuw!
Spring!

After making Mary's block, I made a Green Tea and Sweet Beans block. The pattern requires three of these Garden Path blocks, so this is number two.

Nadat ik Mary's blokken maakte, was het de beurt aan een Green tea and Sweet Beans blok. Voor het patroon heb je drie van deze Garden pathh blokken nodig, dus hier is nummer twee.
Green Tea and Sweet Beans


I'm at the same time pleased and not so pleased about this one. Pleased because I found a good method to machine stitch the pieces together. I'm even confident enough to show you a picture of the back of the block!

Ik ben tegelijk blij en niet blij met dit blokje. Blij omdat ik een goede manier gevonden heb om alle stukjes mooi aan elkaar te stikken met de machine. Ik voel me zelfs zeker genoeg om een foto van de achterkant van het blok te tonen!
Back of the block


And not so pleased because I'm not so happy with some of the fabric choices I made. The grey middle fabric is not sprakly enough, it's too dull. And the orange Katie Jump Rope fabric is not contrasting enough with the background fabric. I can't change anything about the middle fabric without taking the whole block apart, but I'll probably change the orange fabric. That will already be an improvenemt.

En niet zo blij omdat ik niet zo gelukkig ben met sommige stoffenkeuzes. De grijze stof in het midden blijkt wat saai, ze straalt niet. En de oranje Katie Jump Rope stof is niet contrasterend genoeg met de achtergrondstof. De grijze stof kan ik niet meer veranderen zonder het hele blokje uit elkaar te halen, maar de oranje stof zie ik me nog wel aanpassen. Dat zal al een hele verbetering zijn.

Green Tea and Sweet beans

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...